Football student season tickets will be $83

Despite a $13 increase, the price is still among the lowest in the Big Ten.

Student football season ticket prices are in, and theyâÄôre still low compared to the rest of the Big Ten. The football season tickets will cost $77, plus an additional $6 handling fee, and will be available for purchase online only starting at 7 a.m. on April 25. This is a $13 increase from season tickets at the Metrodome in 2008. The 2009 ticket prices are among the lowest in the Big Ten, behind only Indiana University which charges $40 for student season tickets. There are some changes with ticketing in the new stadium, including students only being allowed to purchase one ticket, which Director of Marketing and Ticketing Jason LaFrenz said will help ensure more students get to see Gopher football. There are 10,000 total student season tickets available with 8,000 being available for full-time students April 25. The remaining 2,000 will be going on sale in early September for incoming first-years, transfer students and new graduate and professional students. Political science sophomore Alex Stephenson said he was excited when he first heard about TCF Bank Stadium and is surprised that the ticket prices did not increase substantially. Stephenson said he had planned on buying 2009 season tickets regardless of price and wouldâÄôve spent up to $140. He said he was surprised at the 2009 price because he expected a high demand with the new stadium. âÄúI think the turnout should be big regardless,âÄù he said. Students will receive an e-mail explaining the ticket process during the week of April 6.