Gophers basketball player burglarized

Also, a 60-year-old woman was struck by car Monday.

Golden Gophers basketball first-year standout Colton Iverson did not have a very good day Saturday. He not only had to suffer through watching his team lose a close game to the University of Michigan from the sidelines, but returned to his Yudof Hall room that he shares with teammate Devoe Joseph to find his laptop, iPod and cash had been stolen, according to a police report. Iverson told police his room had been unlocked. The case is listed as inactive, pending new information.

Woman hit by car

A 60-year-old woman was struck by a vehicle while crossing 18th Avenue Southeast across from Ridder Arena on Monday morning, sustaining a possibly fractured leg. The woman, who was not using a crosswalk, was hit by the front driverâÄôs side of the car and then had her legs run over by the vehicles rear left wheel, according to the police report. The driver, a 25-year-old Minneapolis man, had his headlights on but said he did not see the woman. The woman was transported to Mercy Hospital. Collisions between vehicles and pedestrians are rare, and usually are the fault of pedestrians or bicyclists disobeying traffic laws, University police Deputy Chief Chuck Miner said. Collisions between vehicles and bicycles tend to be more frequent than collisions with pedestrians, Miner said.

More Coffman theft

Three laptops were stolen last week from two student organizationsâÄô second floor Coffman Union offices, according to a police report. This is more of the same for student groups residing in those office spaces, which have recently been experiencing a string of thefts. Some student organizations plan to speak to student security officials to increase security detail around the student organization offices, an organization member said.