Men’s B-Ball student season tickets sold out

Perusing around the online ticket office this morning I came across a notice that men’s basketball student season tickets are sold out.  I’ve attended some games at Williams Arena growing up in the Twin Cities area and during my tenure at the ‘U’, and I can’t ever remember the student section being as full as it has looked on TV and in photos this season.

As it turns out, the folks at the athletics ticket office just let me know that this is the first time the tickets have sold out Clem Haskins’ final season at the ‘U’ (’98-99).  The tickets sold out around finals week and were being sold for $99. 

That means that students who wanted to hop on the team’s bandwagon (15-1 record so far) after they got back to campus from break will have to look at buying single game tickets if they want to catch any of the team’s remaining six regular season games.  Buyer beware: single game student tickets are not located within the actual student section. 

Williams Arena, with the student section behind the far basket, Sunday against Penn State.
Image source: University of Minnesota

Football student ticket news expected soon

Make sure to check the Daily and mndaily.com often throughout the beginning of the semester as the athletics department told my predecessor on this beat at the paper that an announcement on how student tickets and seating will work at the new stadium should be coming down the pipes fairly soon. 

While there will be 10,000 seats reserved for students at the new stadium (20% of its total capacity), one can only anticipate a large demand for the tickets with the opening of an on-campus stadium.