Sally’s Saloon recently renovated a section of their building on Wednesday. The renovation includes a new large TV and a bar. The expansion was finalized at the beginning of the month.
Sally’s Saloon opens new expansion

Gophers shoot their way to victory in season opener

Minnesota shot **-** from three in ** victory over Cleveland State

On Tuesday night, Minnesota’s men’s basketball team began their quest for a second consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance against Cleveland State. 

The Gophers gave fans at The Barn a first look at many new players and a revamped offense featuring improved shooting. 

Before the season, Pitino suggested that the Gophers would shoot 3-pointers at an increased rate this season, a trend that was evident immediately. Minnesota’s first five field goal attempts all came from behind the arc, the first four of which rimmed out. However, sophomore Gabe Kalscheur then sank a shot from the corner and the Gophers went on to make three of their first eight 3-point shots.

Leading by three points, Minnesota leaned on their outside shooting during a 19-1 run that extended their lead to 34-13 with 3:03 remaining in the first half. Kalscheur, redshirt sophomore Marcus Carr and redshirt junior Payton Willis all knocked down multiple threes before halftime, as they combined for 18 of the team’s 19 3-point field goals before the break.

Throughout the game, Minnesota managed to find their sharp-shooting guards for open looks. The team’s ** assists on the evening…

Sophomore Daniel Oturu started his new campaign with a stand-out performance, bearing the load for a Gophers front court missing redshirt junior Eric Curry, who will miss the season with a torn ACL, and freshman Isaiah Ihnen, who sat out with a wrist injury. Oturu finished with…