University police investigate rape of 20-year-old woman

Police also cited a 19-year-old driver for marijuana possession.

University police said Wednesday that they are investigating a report of a rape involving a 20-year-old woman that happened Monday.

“It’s an active case,” said Steve Johnson, deputy police chief for the University Police Department.

It was unknown whether the woman was a University student, Johnson said.

The suspect is described as a man, age 25-35, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall with a medium build, Johnson said.

Police could not comment further on the case.

Hockey puck in the head

A 25-year-old University student was hit in the head with a hockey puck during a Friday game, according to a University police report.

Officers working over-time at the event noticed the woman had a laceration on top of her head. The officers took the woman to a first aid station.

She was told she needed stitches, the report said.

Suspicious activity

On Feb. 24, University police stopped a vehicle in a park at 354 East River Road for loitering after hours, according to a police report.

After police searched the vehicle, they recovered an amount of marijuana and a scale.

Police cited the 19-year-old driver for possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Three University students were also in the car, and police cited them for being in the park after it closed, according to the report.

Speeding and marijuana

A 24-year-old man was stopped for speeding Saturday, and University police found drugs in the car, according to a police report.

The police recovered a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from the vehicle, the report said.

Police ticketed the man for driving with a revoked license, having no proof of insurance, possession of drug paraphernalia and having drugs in a vehicle.

Game ticket tickets

On Feb. 23, a University police officer dressed in street clothes cited a man at the Sports Pavilion for selling tickets without a permit.

Police seized the tickets and cash, the report said.

In another incident, police cited a 53-year-old man for lurking with the intent to commit a crime after he was caught trying to sell game tickets. He was cited at the intersection of Oak Street Southeast and University Avenue Southeast.

Police confiscated his tickets and cash, the report said.

Dispute

On Feb. 17, University police responded to a dispute between two women about a damaged car in the area of 500 Harvard St. S.E.

“The two of them know each other,” Johnson said. “They live in the same area, if not in the same building.”