Culture compass: warm-ups, wind downs and WeHo

Friday: “Glow in the Dark Mini Golf”

Some of us are graduating this semester, and some only have a semester left. You might as well put your status to use and attend some free, student-only events. This Friday night, SUA will host a 9-hole glow-in-the-dark mini golf course on St. Paul Campus. Breakfast for dinner provided.

Where: St. Paul Student Center, 2017 Buford Ave., Minneapolis

When: 6 to 8:30 p.m.

Cost: Free

Saturday: “Nordic Julemarket”

With the holiday season in full swing, there’s no shortage of craft markets and jolly events to attend … so what makes this one special? Well, part of it is the Scandinavian twist. The Nordic region is known for its Christmas-ness, even when it’s not the most wonderful time of the year. Think mulled wine (gløgg), paper star lanterns and knit goods. God jul!

Where: North Loop, 110 N. 1st St., Minneapolis

When: Noon to 8 p.m.

Cost: Free

Sunday: Relaxation day

Nope, we’re not going to tell you something to do today. You know we’re approaching finals week, right? Spend the day in your apartment, leaving only for a breath of fresh air or to study somewhere with a change of scenery. Eat food that makes you feel good, wear your coziest clothes and prepare for what’s to come. Breath in, breath out!

Where: N/A

When: N/A

Cost: Free

CULTURE TO CONSUME

Watch this: “Vanderpump Rules”

On Monday, the seventh season of Bravo’s — can we say perfect? — reality show premiered at last. “Vanderpump Rules,” a spinoff of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” follows the lives of a bunch of restaurant employees in West Hollywood, California. Stassi, Scheana, Schwartz and Sandoval … we missed you so much!

Listen to this: Your Spotify “Wrapped” playlists

It’s “’best of’ list” time! Who knows where all of the data comes from (it might not be all “most listened to” songs), but Spotify’s personalized end of the year playlist is always stellar. What were you listening to on repeat on Mar. 8, 2018? Spotify knows, and you’ll be happy to remember. 

Read this: “The Neapolitan Novels” 

As the final two episodes of the books’ HBO adaptation premiere this weekend, find time to dive into Elena Ferrante’s original series.  The four (thick) books follow Elena and Lila, two girls growing up in ‘50s Naples, Italy, throughout their lives: from childhood to motherhood, through careers and lovers. The HBO series only covers the first book — you’ll pass through all of that before you know it.