Student robbed in Como neighborhood

A 23-year-old University student was robbed outside of his Como neighborhood home Saturday night, one day before he attended commencement ceremonies and received his diploma.
Ryan Nagle, a Carlson School of Management graduate, drove into the parking lot next to his house on the 2600 block of Cole Avenue Southeast when a man approached him in his car and demanded all of his money.
The robber, who implied that he had a gun, made off with $60 in cash, according to police reports. Nagle said he was ordered by the suspect to take the money out of his wallet.
Accompanied by another man in his car, the robber followed Nagle for three blocks on Como Avenue Southeast before turning on to Cole Avenue Southeast and parking behind the student.
“They knew what they were doing,” Nagle said. “They had the area pegged.”
The incident occurred shortly before midnight, he said. The suspect ordered Nagle to stand motionless throughout the ordeal.
Nagle said he feared that the robber would shoot him if he turned around to look in his direction.
Police have made no arrests in the robbery. Nagle said he believed that the robbery was an isolated incident in the neighborhood.

In other police news:
ù Staff members at Eastcliff, the St. Paul residence of University President Mark Yudof, reported a burglary to campus police over the weekend after someone broke into the estate’s garage.
A burglar rummaged through two cars belonging to Yudof and his wife Judy sometime after 8 p.m. Friday, said Dana Zniewski, a manager at Eastcliff.
Nothing was stolen or damaged, he said. The burglar left the car doors open, however, and a raccoon got in the cars and soiled them.
It is unclear how the individual gained entrance to the garage, Zniewski said.
The manager notified authorities of the incident at 11 a.m. Saturday. University Police took 15 photographs of the scene.
Police have no suspects in the incident.

ù An unidentified suspect pulled a nasty prank on a 20-year-old Frontier Hall resident Friday morning.
According to University police reports, an individual lit firecrackers underneath the resident’s door at 3:47 a.m.
University police are investigating the incident; no arrests have been made. The resident could not be reached for comment.

ù A 22-year-old woman scared off a burglary suspect Friday morning at her apartment on the 3300 block of University Avenue Southeast.
The woman, who is not affiliated with the University, notified Minneapolis police of the break-in 1:43 a.m.
The suspect gained entrance to her home through a window screen on the west side of the four-unit apartment building. The suspected burglar did not enter her apartment because she made eye contact with him from her window, according to police reports.
The suspect ran from the building through the backyard.
Police have made no arrests.

ù Minneapolis police ticketed 25 individuals during a party at 301 University Ave. S.E. late Saturday night for attending a disruptive party.
Two 19-year-old men were arrested and booked at Hennepin County Jail for selling alcohol to underage drinkers at the apartment.
The men who were arrested are not affiliated with the University.