Graduate school fairprepares students

Although graduate school application deadlines are months away, the Office for Special Learning Opportunities is helping students prepare for the leap into post-graduate education.
The office is sponsoring a free graduate school fair today at Coffman Memorial Union intended to help undergraduate students interested in applying to graduate schools.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. about 70 graduate and professional schools from across the country will provide information about their programs in Coffman Memorial Union’s Great Hall. The fair is open to anyone who is interested, said Lisa Murphy, the program coordinator.
Murphy, who expects about 1,000 people to attend, said this is the first time the Office of Special Learning Opportunities has hosted the fair, which used to be run by the now-defunct Career Development Office. This is also the first time some schools are participating, she said. Some of the institutions scheduled to attend are Michigan, Notre Dame, Harvard, Georgetown and Marquette.
In addition to the graduate school fair, some workshops are scheduled throughout the day. Topics include the various graduate school admission tests, how to apply to graduate school, and how to pay for graduate school.

— Sam Black