Student football ticket sales begin Saturday

Tickets will be available online beginning at 7 a.m.

As the highly anticipated opening of TCF Bank Stadium draws near, students will have an opportunity to purchase tickets to see the first college football games at âÄúThe BankâÄù Saturday. Student season tickets will go on sale at 7 a.m. for $73 plus a $6 handling fee. There are 8,000 tickets available for undergraduates, graduate students and professional students intending to enroll in at least six credits for fall 2009. Students can only purchase one ticket each. Athletics communications director Garry Bowman said he doesnâÄôt expect the 8,000 tickets to sell out over the weekend. He does think they will eventually sell out though. âÄúWith the program returning to campus I think people are really excited to see the new stadium and gopher football,âÄù Bowman said. An extra 2,000 student season tickets will go on sale in August to be available for incoming first-years, graduate students and transfer students. The athletics department worked with members of the University of Minnesota’s Institute of Technology in order to add servers to avoid a system crash over the weekend, director of marketing and ticket sales Jason LaFrenz said. According to athletics ticket manager Brent Holck, the University sold just over 5,000 student season tickets last year at the Metrodome.