COGS endorses Devin Driscoll for GAPSA president

We, the undersigned Council of Graduate Students officers and members, endorse the candidacy of Devin Driscoll for the presidency of the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly. We support DevinâÄôs commitment to return GAPSA to its traditional role as a council-of-councils that strengthens, supports, facilitates communications among, collaborates with and provides a unified voice for COGS and each of the other GAPSA member councils. We look forward to a GAPSA executive board that is increasingly transparent and works effectively and cooperatively with its member councils. We believe that Devin, having worked as a member of the COGS executive committee and as a member of GAPSA, has demonstrated the maturity and experience to work effectively and professionally, even in the face of diverging interests and strong feelings with the University of Minnesota administration, faculty, governance structure, colleges and student organizations, the state Legislature and others to advance the interests of graduate and professional students. We believe Devin will continue his efforts to ensure that graduate and professional students actively participate in University shared-governance activities, including the University senate and University and college committees. It is much more effective, we believe, to ensure that the interests of graduate and professional students are addressed by active participation in University decisions and connecting administrators with graduate and professional students to directly hear their thoughts and concerns on issues. In this era of limited resources, we support DevinâÄôs objective of re-examining GAPSAâÄôs mission, focus and activities to ensure that graduate and professional students receive the greatest benefits for their student fees. Mandy Stahre, Charlie Billington, Nadeem Chaudhry, Timothy J. Salo, Jeremy Wang, Nelson Amaral, Sarah Greising, Jeffrey Hall, Keith Harms, Caroline Hilk, Yun Li, Rob Gilmer, Aara Johnson, Heather Whittington, Luke Hollenkamp