257Carlson school receives $1million from St. Paul foundation

\256@body text = \257The Carlson School of Management received a $1 million gift from the Minnesota Mutual Foundation to fund a new program for undergraduate honors students.
The program will be called The Leadership Series and will bring in local business leaders to present real on-the-job cases and share their business experiences and challenges. The class will be added as a degree requirement for undergraduate honors students and an elective for other students.
Each semester a new theme will be incorporated into the course work, with the hope that students will develop the skills needed to tackle a variety of business challenges.
“Tomorrow’s leaders need to understand the real world before they graduate, and this program involves community leaders directly in the students’ educations,” said Robert Senkler, chairman, president and CEO of Minnesota Life, a St. Paul-based company.
The scheduled guest speakers planned for this semester will address numerous themes such as Management vs. Leadership, Your Leadership Style, and Motivating and Empowering Constituents.
A reception recognizing Minnesota Life and the Minnesota Mutual foundation will be held on Thursday, Sept. 23 at the Carlson school.