St. Paul campus scene

For students still trying to figure out the differences between the East and West banks, attending classes in St. Paul might seem quite intimidating.
The St. Paul campus is home to the colleges of Biological Sciences, Human Ecology, Veterinary Medicine and Natural Resources, as well as the College of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Sciences.
The St. Paul campus is located near the state fairgrounds near Larpenteur and Cleveland avenues.
The St. Paul Student Center is a resource on campus that offers a wide range of services and activities.
Inside, the Outdoor Store rents and sells outdoor equipment. Lori Will, marketing manager for the St. Paul Student Center and Coffman Union, said the member-based store operates like a co-op. Students can buy $3 yearly memberships and save 15 percent on merchandise and 10 percent on rentals.
A small area within the store acts as an outdoor resource center, providing a computer, magazines and books.
The Center for Outdoor Adventure allows students to plan trips and become involved in other events.
For those just interested in wasting time, the Gopher Spot has a bowling alley, billiards, air hockey and computer games.
Will said that five new e-mail kiosks and two laptop outlets will be added for the coming year.
Activities on the St. Paul campus can be accessed through the student center’s Web site at www.spsc.umn.edu.
— Dawn Throener