Two Gophers basketball players suspended Tues.

Head coach Tubby Smith said Devron Bostick and Royce White at some point violated team rules.

Gophers menâÄôs basketball head coach Tubby Smith announced the indefinite suspensions of two players, including one member of the highly-touted 2009 recruiting class. Senior guard Devron Bostick and freshman forward Royce White have been suspended indefinitely for âÄúviolations of team rules or conduct at some point in time,âÄù Smith said. Smith would not categorize the violations. âÄúIf you do something wrong, and our guys know âĦ itâÄôs a privilege to play here, itâÄôs a privilege to be a part of this program,âÄù Smith said. âÄúWhen they donâÄôt [conduct themselves properly] âĦ they force our hands, and they force us to have to do something we really donâÄôt want to do.âÄù Bloomington Police have cited White with misdemeanor theft and assault after a shoplifting incident at the Mall of America on Oct . 13, according to a Bloomington police report. MacyâÄôs security employees stopped White in the store parking lot when they suspected he was stealing jeans and shirts, police said. A Bloomington police officer responded to the shoplifting call and found a MacyâÄôs security employee trying to subdue the 6-foot-8-inch, 240-pound White, according to the report. The employee said White pushed him over twice while he was trying to handcuff him before police arrived, according to the report. Three men were with White at the time of the incident, but the MacyâÄôs security employee said they were not connected with the theft, according to the report. The announcement comes one day after Athletics Director Joel Maturi said that junior-college transfer Trevor Mbakwe would not be allowed to play until his pending legal case is resolved. Bostick is in his second season with Minnesota after transferring from Southwestern Illinois College, where he was the junior college player of the year in 2008. Last season he played in 31 games and averaged 4 points and 11 minutes per game. White was a five-star recruit and the 19th-best player in the 2009 recruiting class according to Rivals.com. Along with Mbakwe, freshmen forward Rodney Williams Jr (Robbinsdale Cooper), and point guard Justin Cobbs, White was part of the 24th-ranked recruiting class in 2009, according to Rivals.com. White helped lead Hopkins High School to a state title in 2009. âÄú[The length of the suspensions] depends on what I want, on what I decide,âÄù Smith said. âÄúIf they take care of the things they have to take care of, then it could be less or it could be more.âÄù Neither White nor Bostick was available for comment after the announcement. Mbakwe faces a felony charge for aggravated battery in Miami-Dade County, Fla. His trial is scheduled for Dec. 14.