Connectors link

So you’re new on campus. On the day before the first day of class, you realize your 8 a.m. Intro to Forestry course is in a building not listed on the map they gave you in orientation.
You wander around, lost and confused, when your world comes to a screeching halt: You discover that not only are there two campuses in Minneapolis, but there’s a third in St. Paul, four miles away.
How do you even get there? Do you have to walk? Never fear, the campus connector is here!
Getting around the University’s campuses is a cinch. The Campus Connector buses run every five minutes between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., the Campus Connector runs every 10 minutes; it runs every half hour after 6:30 p.m. until 10 p.m.
The University also provides transportation between the residence halls on both campuses. The campus express bus runs to each of the halls every 40 minutes on weeknights between 10 p.m. and 12:40 a.m., and all day on weekends.
Bailey Hall is home to more than 500 students; it is the only University residence hall on the St. Paul campus which is really in Falcon Heights.
Five of the University’s colleges call the St. Paul campus home, including Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences; Human Ecology; Natural Resources; Veterinary Medicine; and Biological Sciences. All of these colleges except Veterinary Medicine admit freshmen.
As home to the agriculture and veterinary colleges, the St. Paul campus holds the University’s cattle, poultry, sheep and swine barns, as well as horse stables.
The University’s Raptor Center — part of the College of Veterinary Medicine — is also located in St. Paul. The center treats injured birds of prey. The neighboring Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic, a non-profit organization, treats injured wildlife and offers volunteer opportunities.
But there’s more to the St. Paul campus than animals.
The St. Paul Student Center houses several stores and organizations and has its own game room with an eight-lane bowling alley and four pool tables. In addition to the game room and neighboring convenience store, the St. Paul campus bookstore, Outdoor Store and Center for Outdoor Adventures are also located at the center. Just down the street is the St. Paul Central Library, the main campus library.
The Minnesota State Fair grounds adjoin the campus. Each year, thousands of Minnesotans visit the fair, enjoying everything from rides to winning ribbons in the 4-H competitions. When the fair is not in session, University students and staff can park their cars in the huge lot behind campus.
So relax, and take a deep breath. You’ll get to your classes. Those who find the larger Minneapolis campus too urban will enjoy the quiet beauty in St. Paul.