Third death in Ohio high school shooting

A total of three students have now died from a shooting rampage Monday at a high school outside of Cleveland.

Russel King Jr., 17, died this morning of gunshot wounds from the shooting that left three others seriously injured, the New York Times said.  Demetrius Hewlin also died on Tuesday.  The third fatality, Daniel Parmertor, 16, died on Monday.

The students were seated at a cafeteria table when the suspect pulled out a .22-caliber gun and began firing, witnesses said.

The family of the suspect, T.J. Lane, 17, of Chardon Township, made his identity public when their lawyer Robert Farnacci read a statement that said the family is mourning "this terrible loss for their community," the Star Tribune said.

Lane attended nearby Lake Academy, a school for students with academic or behavioral problems.  He waited at Chardon High School each morning for a bus to take him to Lake Academy.

Student Nate Mueller said that he was at the table where victims were shot.

"My friends were crawling on the floor, and one of my friends was bent over the table, and he was shot," Mueller told The Plain Dealer.  "It was almost like a firecracker went off.  I turned around and saw (Lane) standing with a gun and I saw him take a shot."

Mueller told the Cleveland newspaper that King had recently started dating Lane's ex-girlfriend.

Lane "was silent the whole time," Mueller said.  "That's what made it so random."