University police find drunken student in school building

An intoxicated University graduate student allegedly vomited and passed out in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Building on Friday night.

University police said they found the sleeping student in room 3-210 near puddles of vomit on the carpets of the auditorium floor.

Police found the male student breathing but unable to stand, pronounce his name or recite his date of birth.

An ambulance took him to Hennepin County Medical Center, where nurses determined his blood alcohol level at .165.

No charges were sought against the student, who was of legal drinking age.

Police do not know how the student ended up drunk and unconscious inside the University building.

In other police news:

eight firearms were stolen from the University theatre arts and dance department last week.

Two black powder dueling pistols, one revolver, one semi-automatic handgun and four cap guns were taken.

Police have no leads but said they aren’t too concerned – the missing contraband were stage props.

Department officials did not return phone calls, and University police could not estimate the value of the stolen props.

u

Three unidentified males in plaid shirts and baseball caps broke a $300 window in the Harvard Street parking ramp with a plastic ashtray last Thursday night, police said.

“That’s all open; it wouldn’t have given them access to anything,” said University police Capt. Steve Johnson. “It sounds like just malicious damage.”

The window was attached to a door that leads to the east side of the ramp and was unlocked.

Parking service employees were unable to identify the suspects, who fled southbound on Harvard Street Southeast.

Anyone with information should call University police at 624-COPS.

u

A University food service worker received a death threat from an unidentified male Friday afternoon in Middlebrook Hall.

University police are still investigating the nature of the threat. The victim did not return numerous calls.

Police would not say whether the man had a weapon, but said the suspect threatened to “blow her head off.”

“He got right up there and went chest to chest and screamed Ö He said he was going to blow her head off,” Johnson said.

The suspect also said he knew when the woman got off work and where she parked.