Two people robbed at gunpoint

University police sent crime alerts for two incidents that occurred over the weekend.

A man was robbed at gunpoint near the University of Minnesota campus early Sunday morning in the area’s second armed robbery within about a week.

The victim, who isn’t affiliated with the University, was crossing the footbridge near Van Cleve Park at about 2:30 a.m. when four men wearing ski masks approached him from behind, threatened him with a gun and demanded his valuables, according to a crime alert sent to the campus community.

The men took his wallet, cellphone and phone charger and fled south on 14th Avenue Southeast, the alert said.

The other recent armed robbery, for which one suspect was arrested, occurred Jan. 17 in Prospect Park.

In a separate incident on Friday night, a student was assaulted and robbed near Williamson Hall, according to a crime alert sent Saturday.

A group of four men approached the student from behind, and one suspect hit him in the face. The suspects took the student’s wallet, phone and headphones and fled toward Dinkytown, the alert said.

Three arrests were made, but the fourth suspect evaded police, the crime alert said. As of Saturday, the alert said, it was unclear whether the arrestees were suspects in the case.