Undergrad arrested for making fake IDs

Reported crimes this week included underage drinking, furniture rearrangement and graffiti in Wilson Library.

University police arrested an 18-year-old University student and undergraduate teaching assistant from the student’s Sanford Hall room Tuesday.

Police made the arrest after receiving information that Derrick Du was producing fake driver’s licenses.

Under Minnesota state statutes, Du faces up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted of the crime, which is a gross misdemeanor.

Underage drinking

Last Saturday police responded to a call about several minors drinking inside Territorial Hall.

According to police reports, several people “bailed out” of the room’s second-floor window before officers arrived.

Police arrested the room’s occupant, 19-year-old Gregory Schwartz, whom police described as very loud and belligerent.

Schwartz had slurred speech, blurry eyes and admitted to being “hammered,” according to police reports.

Wrong way

On Sunday afternoon University police arrested two people for driving on the wrong side of the road.

In one case, police arrested 20-year-old University student Regina Bachmeier, at the corner of Ontario Street Southeast and Washington Avenue Southeast.

Police booked Bachmeier on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant and her car was towed to the Minneapolis impound lot.

Police also arrested Ravindre Hollman, a 23-year-old Minneapolis man, for driving while intoxicated and driving the wrong way down Fourth Street Southeast in Minneapolis.

Man passes out

University police arrested a 19-year-old man Sunday after a witness reported him passed out near railroad tracks on campus.

Police took the man, who could not walk without assistance, to Hennepin County Medical Center special care, where he was placed on a 72-hour health and welfare hold.

Disorderly conduct

Police arrested Mark Warnert, a 23-year-old Minneapolis man, last weekend for disorderly conduct. According to police reports, Warnert was urinating near garbage dumpsters in full view of customers in the McDonald’s drive-thru.

The writing on the wall

A security monitor in Wilson Library contacted police Monday after discovering several cases of fresh graffiti on walls and in a men’s restroom.

According to police reports, the graffiti contained derogatory remarks aimed at University workers and Somalis.

Office break-in

An employee in the University’s School of Nursing contacted police after she found that someone had broken into her office and rearranged the furniture.

The employee said it could not have been a custodian

because she leaves her garbage in the hall to be picked up, and she has her own broom to clean her office, according to police

reports.