Best haunted hayrides in the Twin Cities

Here is where to go to get a quick fright this Halloween season.
Image by Max Mueller
There are five great places within driving range of campus that have a host of different experiences.

The Twin Cities area is feeling the fall energy with Halloween right around the corner. If you’re looking for a way to get scared during this frightening time, these haunted hayrides are the way to go.

While on these frightening tours, you can expect all sorts of eerie excitements that are bound to make your skin crawl, along with a variety of snacks and refreshments to keep you on your toes. These aren’t your average hayrides through an apple orchard –– these are the scariest hayrides in the Twin Cities.

5. Molitor’s Haunted Acres – 3571 5th Ave NE, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379

Molitor’s Haunted Acres is a renowned haunted attraction in Sauk Rapids that costs $29 online and $31 at the door. The hayride at this location leads you through an ominous, haunted woodland, where you’ll run into a number of animals, bizarre sights and unanticipated frights. It’s an option that is a little further away, an hour and 20-minute drive from campus, but it is one known for its dedication to providing frightful fun year after year. 

4. Harvest of Horror – 4108 200th St, St Augusta, MN 55382

This hayride in St. Augusta offers a journey through eerie forests and terrifying trails for $27 per pass. The attraction is just over an hour away from campus and provides an authentic experience full of lurking creatures and a haunted house. As this immersive hayride passes through houses and cemeteries, an unsettling night is guaranteed with the variety of attractions available. 

3. Dead End Hayride – 28186 Kettle River Blvd N, Wyoming, MN 55092

You may have a truly terrifying experience at the Dead End Hayride in Wyoming, Minnesota — only 36 minutes away from campus. This haunted hayride is renowned for its complex and spooky scenes, which are brought to life by an ensemble of committed performers. The hayride is mixed with a maze and haunted house that is sure to give you the chills. For those who want to feel the terror of the unknown, this is the ideal location. Passes are $25 at the door and $18 if you buy them online.

2. Scream Town – 7410 US-212, Chaska, MN 55318

For those looking for an adrenaline rush, Scream Town in Chaska is a must-visit only a 36-minute drive from the Twin Cities. They provide a bone-chilling excursion called the “Abandoned Hayride” that takes you through a haunted cornfield, an abandoned asylum and other horrific places. Scream Town offers a variety of terrifying activities along with the haunted hayride for $29 at the door and $25 online.

1. Haunting Experience – 10900 E Point Douglas Rd, Cottage Grove, MN 55016

Cottage Grove’s Haunting Experience offers a hayride that will give you nightmares for weeks. You travel through a chilling woodland, home to ominous creatures and hidden dangers. It is a terrifyingly immersive experience that leaves visitors quaking in terror with its elaborate sets and detailed narration. Tickets cost $42 and it is only a 29-minute drive from campus

If you’re looking for the best haunted hayrides close to the Twin Cities, try one of these excursions. Gather your toughest friends and get ready for the finest haunted hayride experience.