Disappearance of Brainerd woman not linked to Jenkins

Brainerd police say the disappearance of Erika Dalquist, 21, is unrelated to three other recent reports of missing young adults in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

“That’s what we’ve pretty much felt all along,” Brainerd Police Sgt. David Holtz said.

Dalquist was last seen on the night of Oct. 30 at a bar in downtown Brainerd. Witnesses said she left with a white male with brown hair.

Holtz said there are no outstanding leads or developments in identifying the man with whom Dalquist reportedly left.

Holtz said police do not think Dalquist’s case is connected to the others, because she is not a college student, the location where she was last seen is “geographically separated quite a ways” and she reportedly left with another person.

Chris Jenkins, 21, a Carlson School of Management senior, was last seen on the night of Oct. 31 at the Lone Tree Bar & Grill in downtown Minneapolis.

Josh Guimond, a 20-year-old St. John’s University student, was last seen Nov. 9 after he left an on-campus party in Collegeville, Minn.

Michael Noll, 22, a Rochester native and student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, was last seen at a bar on the evening of Nov. 6. An area woman told police she found Noll in her residence that night and that he left. A baseball cap left at the woman’s house was confirmed as belonging to Noll.

Holtz said Brainerd police are still in communication with investigators who are looking into the disappearances of Guimond, Jenkins and Noll.

“We’ll keep all possibilities open,” Holtz said.

Cyndi Barrington, spokeswoman for the Minneapolis Police Department, which is investigating Jenkins’ disappearance, said “there’s no information to link (Jenkins) to the others,” but investigators are still looking for a link among the missing.

“It’s still an active investigation,” she said.

Diane Dallman, a friend and former neighbor of the Jenkins family, said the number of volunteers helping with the search for Chris has decreased.

A group of volunteers still operate the phones at the Find Chris Jenkins Headquarters at the YMCA on University Avenue.