College Republicans say Dole is trustworthy

After leaving his post as United States Senate Majority Leader, citizen Bob Dole entered the political horse race determined to give the country a more well-rounded economy through a flattened tax structure.
Dole’s third attempt in the past 16 years to gain the Republican party nomination for president proved successful this August at the Republican National Convention in San Diego.
Since Dole’s selection of Republican party running mate Jack Kemp, the team has met crowds of supporters bearing signs reading “15%” in reference to Dole and Kemp’s proposal for a 15 percent across-the-board tax cut for all Americans.
In addition, Dole has proposed a $500-per-child tax credit that will affect 23 million families. Dole has also proposed a 50 percent cut in the capital gains tax.
Dole has emphasized the importance of balancing the budget and has proposed a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. Dole said a balanced budget will result in lower interest rates, saving families as much as $100 per month on their home mortgages.
The University’s College Republicans are looking to Dole for a positive change in the country’s leadership.
University College Republican chairman Marc Richards said students should vote for Dole because he is a leader who will best take care of them for the future.
“We will be carrying most of the burden of the budget deficit,” Richards said. He said Dole’s plans for the budget and deficit reduction are clearer than Clinton’s plans and will get the economy moving faster.
“Clinton doesn’t have a clear plan,” Richards said. “The economy under Clinton has been growing at a very small rate.”
Richards said that trust in Dole’s leadership is a major reason why students should vote for Dole instead of Clinton, who Richards said is untrustworthy.
“Bob Dole keeps his word on what he says,” Richards said, “What Bob Dole says, Bob Dole will do.”
College Republican secretary Dave Mortensen agreed with Richards that Dole is a much more trustworthy leader than Clinton; Mortensen said Clinton has shaky personal and business relations.
“It’s a whole trust issue,” Mortensen said. “I don’t trust Clinton at all. I don’t trust his cabinet. I don’t trust his White House.”
Mortensen said he prefers Dole’s straightforwardness and called him a “stand-up guy.”
Mortensen also agreed with Richards that Dole’s plan to balance the budget is superior to Clinton’s plan. He said Clinton and Democrats have misled students when they say the Republicans have cut out student loans.
“Dole’s not cutting (the loans); Gingrich isn’t cutting them,” Mortensen said. “They’re just limiting the increase that’s being budgeted in the next cycle.”