Daily Digest: Social network safety and electronic music

I almost accidentally forgot about posting today, so I won’t even try to come up with some witty banter to introduce the news today; Here it is:

* Facebook used to be just for college students, but if you’re like me, you’ve noticed your older family members, including parents, joining the popular social media site. As older generations begin to participate in the social networking world, they’re becomig worried (again) about the safety of it all — and, geewiz, Kare 11 news has a discussion about how to keep safe and protected on the internet. The main source used in their piece is U of M technology researcher Christine Greenhow.

* The U of M School of Music’s annual celebration of uncommon arts and sounds, the Spark Festival, starts today and goes through Sunday. The Decider Twin Cities has a roundup of performers, but you can also view details on the week’s events at the official website here. Yours Truly will also possibly have something on the festival in this week’s A&E section.

* Finally, if you happen to see some U bigwigs, like Fun Bobby, walking around campus this week with some foreign visitors, it’s probably these folks: Norwegian scientists are visiting campus this week to explore the possibility of future collaboration with the U. Greet them!

Happy Tuesday!

Courtney Sinner

Campus Editor