Board of Regents to discuss many issues regarding University

The Board of Regents is holding its monthly meeting today from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the sixth floor of the McNamara Alumni Center. The Faculty, Staff and Student Affairs Committee will meet in the East Committee room from 9:45 to ll:45 a.m. while the Facilities Committee meets at the West Committee room.
Additionally, the Educational Planning and Policy Committee meets in the West Committee room from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., while the Finance and Operations Committee meets in the East Committee room. The entire board meets at the main boardroom Friday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Facilities Committee
A public hearing will be held regarding amendments to the Regents’ traffic regulation ordinances. Regents have proposed a policy change which will ban cars from obstructing the flow of traffic on campus. Also, administrators will consider empowering peace officers with the right to arrest.
Regents will also review a proposal to amend the Riverbend Commons East River Road Improvements.
Faculty, Staff and Student Affairs Committee
Regents will discuss an academic progress report for student athletes. They will analyze the grades and graduation rates of student athletes.

Educational Planning and Policy Committee
Regents will discuss proposed policies and practices for academic integrity.

Finance and Operations Committee
Regents will discuss the University’s capital financing and debt management. Currently, the University has an outstanding debt of $537 million.
Regents will also discuss the implications of the federal budget on higher education. The discussion will revolve around the developments at the federal level and the implications of the federal budget on higher education.

Patrick Hayes welcomes comments at [email protected]