University temp suspected of stealing $10,000

A temporary University employee is suspected of stealing $10,000 from the bursar’s office Dec. 7, according to University Police Sgt. Jo Anne Benson.
University Police Detective Marianne Olson said investigators have had difficulty gathering information from the temporary employment service that referred the suspect to the University.
Another bursar’s office employee reported the crime Dec. 8, according to the police report.
No arrests have been made.

In other police news:
ù A man made lewd comments to a Commonwealth Terrace Cooperative resident after she let him walk inside her duplex Sunday evening, according to a University Police report.
The woman let the stranger into her St. Paul campus residence after he knocked on the door, Benson said. She also let the man use her phone and bathroom.
He then made sexually suggestive comments to the woman while rubbing his genital area. She ordered him out of the house and called University Police, according to the report.

ù University Police officers issued Matt Bullard, 25, a trespass citation Thursday for attending an animal-research symposium, according to a University Police report.
Bullard was arrested for trespassing Sept. 12 after suspending himself from Moos Tower in a makeshift tent for one week to protest animal research. The September trespass citation barred Bullard from campus for 90 days.

ù A man approached an 18-year-old University student at a campus hotel-parking lot Thursday and threatened to assault her, according to a University Police report.
The woman told officers that a man grabbed her and said, “You’re coming with me,” according to the police report.
The incident occurred around 11 p.m. outside the Radisson Hotel Metrodome on Washington Avenue Southeast.
The woman broke free from the man and reported the incident to police, the report stated.
Benson said the student could not provide investigators with a detailed suspect description, making an arrest unlikely.

Megan Boldt covers police and welcomes comments at [email protected]. She can also be reached at (612) 627-4070 x3224.