Delays, decisions and details: A status report of on- and near-campus construction projects

In the past year, the Daily has reported on many proposed building projects happening in and around the University of Minnesota, many of which have experienced minor setbacks or massive delays as a result of the economic downturn. Others are simply pushin
Prospect Park East River Road Improvement Association
Image by Ashley Goetz

In the past year, the Daily has reported on many proposed building projects happening in and around the University of Minnesota, many of which have experienced minor setbacks or massive delays as a result of the economic downturn. Others are simply pushing forward more cautiously. Some of the projects involve University facilities like Northrop Auditorium and the University Recreation Center; others are large-scale research facilities or medical buildings. There have also been several commercial projects off-campus, which are intended to provide future student housing and retail locations. Though the status of the projects varies âÄî and the completion dates of some are uncertain âÄî each one affects the University community, both now during the development and construction process, and in the future as an important part of the campus landscape.