Net: Ah, the plot t…

Net: Ah, the plot thickens. It seems that responses to Firedevil’s “girl” comments have generated storms of their own. Read on:
THE FIRESTORM GETS BUTCHERED

From Chairface Chippendale: Alright, look here Saddam — er, I mean College Woman. Your feeble threats and “holier than thou” bullshit don’t scare me. Take over the world?
And to think, all this time we were being led to believe that the women’s movement was striving for equality. Far be it from me (a stupid man) to challenge your superior intellect, but do you really think you are more mature than Firedevil?
In your entry last Friday, you slam members of your gender who don’t think and act like you just because they happen to be physically attractive. Have you ever considered (in your infinite wisdom) that attractive women can be intelligent? Net: What!?!? Somebody better call NITWIT on this one. Sounds like jealousy to me. You also talk about your fantasy to castrate and enslave men. Why? Because they choose to call a female over the age of 18 a “girl.” Ya, that’s very mature.
Also, I’d just like to point out that the movie “Titanic” is going to blow away box office records solely by the presence of Leonardo DiCaprio.
Don’t get me wrong, it was a wonderful movie, but my three sisters have collectively seen the movie 11 times; how many times have you? Please, don’t try to play it off that personality and sensitivity are more important than looks to women. Net: Are you accusing Leonardo DiCaprio of not being tremendously sensitive? We hear he’s been hanging out off-set with Alan Alda. And while you’re at it, get it into your head that no self-respecting MAN would have anything to do with a closed-minded, sexist, immature GIRL like you!

From Moshpit: Hey College Woman — you’re taking your whole argument at least one step too far. By assuming Firedevil’s whole article was based on sex, you’re taking his message completely out of context. Lively, sweet and innocent are not qualities attributed to someone based on sexual experiences Net: Unless you’re Vladimir Nabokov, but rather on personal traits one notices when actually talking to a female.
Being a girl does not imply a lack of intelligence; it merely implies a more fun-loving spirit. Net: Yeah — Ginger Spice is a perfect example. I agree with Firedevil that some girls are just more fun to talk to than women, but by no means am I implying that one or the other is automatically better to be around.
To return your focus on sex: Your references to porn stars and strippers is way off base. Innocent and sweet are certainly the last traits I would attribute to either a porn star or a stripper at Dreamgirls. Net: You’ve never seen them in their more cuddly moments. According to our informal poll, 68 percent of all porn stars wear Birkenstocks and listen to Ani DiFranco when they are not having sex in front of a camcorder. And I certainly wouldn’t consider them girls. Net: Actually, some of your more successful porn stars are — at least legally.
Now let’s assume for a minute that Firedevil’s article was all about hooking up with girls. Your defensive point of view is of no relevance here, because obviously a “big butchy (or did you mean bitchy) lesbian” wouldn’t be dating a male even if he shared all your views. Unless, of course, you bat from both sides of the plate. I think Jimmy Pop Ali of The Bloodhound Gang expressed these feelings best when he sang, “I hate lesbian feminists ’cause they’re all so damn ugly.” Net: Wow. Do your think we could use that on our tombstones?
Anyway, most everyone in college is within a few years of 18 anyway, so there is a large margin for error when you try to define everyone sharply by two categories. Can you honestly say that you and every other female here at the U suddenly grew up and became a woman the day you turned 18? It’s a rather gradual change, one that’s often not complete until after college anyway. So don’t get so caught up adhering to a hard- and-fast definition of aging and maturity. And to all the girls and women out there, when you’re called a girl or a woman as a compliment, take it for what it’s worth — a compliment.

From G-String My Ass to College Woman: As Net says, “We know our readers,” and you were definitely out of line with your General College comment. Contrary to your “mature” stereotypes of GC students, we CAN read, we CAN write, and most of us could easily verbally abuse your butchy, dyke ass. If you truly are the College Woman you so haughtily deemed yourself to be, you would be above the degrading comments toward equally intelligent fellow students. It is because of your flip attitude that we are positive you could never understand what it is like to barely keep your head above water, if you will. Unlike yourself, most students are in GC because they have always had to work to achieve. Our parents and peers may not have been as giving or as encouraging as yours. In addition, if you really are the “butchy lesbian” you claim to be, and not some trendy LUG, then you should understand ignorant, discriminating comments, like yours about GC students, and how hurtful they can be.

From College Female: Hey, College Woman and Pink Parts, is it really that big of a deal?
Personally, I don’t care if I’m referred to as a girl or a woman.
It doesn’t change who I am. So just relax –there are many more important things to worry about.
Net: Agreed, although as any student of Foucault would tell you, language does matter. But there are many other things to talk about, and we’ll get to them tomorrow. Until then, you go girls/women/ladies/madames/mujeres/frauleins/gals/whatever-you-choose-to-be’s. We’ll be back.
#Net: Ah, the plot thickens. It seems that responses to Firedevil‘s “girl” comments have generated storms of their own. Read on:

THE FIRESTORM GETS BUTCHERED

From Moshpit: Hey College Woman — you’re taking your whole argument at least one step too far. By assuming Firedevil‘s whole article was based on sex, you’re taking his message completely out of context. Lively, sweet and innocent are not qualities attributed to someone based on sexual experiences Net: Unless you’re Vladimir Nabokov, but rather on personal traits one notices when actually talking to a female.
Now let’s assume for a minute that Firedevil‘s article was all about hooking up with girls. Your defensive point of view is of no relevance here, because obviously a “big butchy (or did you mean bitchy) lesbian” wouldn’t be dating a male even if he shared all your views. Unless, of course, you bat from both sides of the plate. I think Jimmy Pop Ali of The Bloodhound Gang expressed these feelings best when he sang, “I hate lesbian feminists ’cause they’re all so damn ugly.” Net: Wow. Do your think we could use that on our tombstones?

It doesn’t change who I am. So just relax — there are many more important things to worry about. Net: Agreed, although as any student of Foucault would tell you, language does matter. But there are many other things to talk about, and we’ll get to them tomorrow. Until then, you go girls/women/ladies/madames/mujeres/frauleins/gals/whatever-you-choose-to-be’s. We’ll be back.