Know your candidate: MSA and GAPSA candidates to debate

It takes one click of the mouse to decide who you will support in the Minnesota Student Association and Graduate and Professional Student Assembly presidential and vice-presidential races. ShouldnâÄôt you base that choice on something other than a picture?

Voting is simple. By logging on to sua.umn.edu/vote on April 4, 5 or 6, you can help choose the future of student government. Learning about each candidateâÄôs platform is just as simple. The All Campus Elections Commission will be hosting MSA candidate debates at 5 p.m., today, in Nicholson Hall, Room 275 and GAPSA candidate debates at 5 p.m., tomorrow, at The Whole Music Club.

Voting is crucial, but knowing who you are voting for and what they stand for is fundamental. To make a knowledgeable choice, you need to learn about the candidates. DonâÄôt you want to know the answers to your questions? What is important to you in a future president?

The ACEC will be asking those important questions at the debates. These questions and answers could help students determine who to vote for. Audience members will even have the opportunity to submit their own questions for the candidates to answer. Voting is important, but knowing for whom youâÄôre voting is even more important.