U becomes “University of Record” for international exchange program

The service will save students at other colleges a couple hundred dollars.

It was announced today that the University of Minnesota has been chosen to be the University of Record for GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. This selection means the University will help American study abroad students calibrate their transcripts for their home colleges in the United States. GlobaLinks, based in Westminster, Colorado, offers summer, semester, or year-long abroad courses to Asia, Australia and Europe. Martha Johnson, director of the UniversityâÄôs Learning Abroad Center, said this service will simplify the process of transferring grades from a college abroad to a studentâÄôs home college in the U.S. âÄúSome institutions will not accept transcripts from an overseas university,âÄù Johnson said. The service, which will be carried out by the Learning Abroad Center, will save each student âÄúa couple hundred dollarsâÄù by calibrating the abroad grades for their home colleges. âÄúItâÄôs usually five to six hundred dollars for students to do that [calibration] on their own,âÄù Johnson said. Johnson said her department had already worked with the streamlining service. âÄúWeâÄôre doing those for our own students who are going on our programs really actively; this is nothing new for us,âÄù she said.