Street Style: Students stunt in spring looks

With warm weather approaching, University of Minnesota students in Dinkytown are showing off what they are wearing this spring.

A&E hit the streets of Dinkytown to find the most fitted up students; here’s what’s in style for spring 2021.

Denim on denim

(from left to right, Kirstin Knudsen and Katie Johnson)

Who knew the Canadian tuxedo look would make its way back into the streets? Good denim is a must in anyone’s wardrobe. A good pair of jeans can really make or break an outfit, and these ladies found just that with these outfits.

Kirstin Knudsen, a second-year student, is wearing The Ragged Priest jeans and a thrifted top. She is sporting a printed denim with a different denim on top, which is a good way to not wash out the outfit and give a little more attention to the printed jeans.

Katie Johnson, a first-year student, is wearing an all thrifted outfit, giving off a “‘70s chic meets ‘90s chill” vibe with the added headband hairpiece.

Leather jackets

(from left to right, Holly Fjeldstad and Emma Kostecki)

With a Minnesota spring, you never know what to expect. Having a couple of jackets on hand — to put over an outfit and pull it all together rather than wash it out — is essential. These leather jackets add an edge to these softer looks.

The oversized look that Emma Kostecki, a first-year student, is wearing is one that has been very in with the recent wave of ‘90s trends hitting the streets again. This style can be fun to add to looks that might be a little more fitted. Holly Fjeldstad, a second-year student, adds a leather jacket with fur lining, giving more of a Y2K look that is not only fun and funky but also practically warm for those cooler nights walking around campus.

Collared and vintage tees

(from left to right, Sony Kika, Alexus Songa and Max Fleming)

The casual sneakers paired with jeans keeps the outfit neutral, and adding a top with a little statement really brings these looks to life. First-year students Sony Kika and Alexus Songa juxtaposed their casualness on the bottom by adding short-sleeved collared shirts, elevating the look.

Max Fleming, a fourth-year student, took the vintage graphic tee route with a top from Electric Fetus. Sporting vintage tees can be a fun way to give an outfit some extra character.