10 concerts to keep on your radar this fall

A&E curated a list of shows on and around campus to fit into your schedule this semester.
A crowdsurfer is held up during the FIDLAR show on Sept. 7, 2018 at the First Avenue Mainroom.
Image by Ellen Schmidt

If you’ve been longing for the nights spent grabbing a bite in Dinkytown and lining up outside Varsity Theater, the wait is finally over. Alongside in-person classes and activities, concerts will once again be part of our back-to-school agendas this year.

Mark your calendars, Gophers! Here’s a list of 10 shows happening in Minneapolis throughout the semester.

Sept. 19: Japanese Breakfast (with Luna Li) at First Avenue

Following the June release of her album “Jubilee,” Japanese Breakfast’s Michelle Zauner will be performing at First Avenue with Luna Li.

Sept. 24: Julien Baker (with Thao) at First Avenue

Whether you know Julien Baker from her solo career or from indie rock supergroup boygenius, you’re not going to want to miss seeing her perform live. Baker will be taking the First Avenue stage after releasing her third solo album, “Little Oblivions.”

Oct. 2: Leon Bridges (with Abraham Alexander) at First Avenue

The Grammy Award-winning R&B artist is hitting the road after releasing his third studio album, “Gold-Diggers Sound,” in July. His show at First Avenue with Abraham Alexander is a great opportunity to treat yourself after surviving the first month of school.

Oct. 19: 100 gecs at First Avenue

Good news, hyperpop fans: 100 gecs is returning to the Twin Cities. The duo consisting of Dylan Brady and Laura Les will be performing at First Avenue, presented by Radio K.

Oct. 22: bbno$ at Varsity Theater

The infamous Dinkytown venue will host bbno$ on his “eat ya veggies” tour. The rapper will be taking the stage with special guests SavageRealm, Shotgun Willy and [email protected].

Oct. 27: Dayglow (with courtship.) at First Avenue

Dayglow, presented by Radio K, will take the stage at First Avenue following the release of his sophomore album, “Harmony House.”

Nov. 12: JPEGMAFIA at First Avenue

The rapper and producer will be at First Avenue after dropping a series of EPs, “EP!” in 2020 and “EP2!” in 2021, as well as announcing his upcoming album.

Nov. 17: Pink Sweat$ at Varsity Theater

Pink Sweat$ will be performing in Dinkytown after the release of his debut album, “PINK PLANET,” earlier this year.