UMN to launch search for VP of University Services

The University of Minnesota announced it is conducting a nationwide search for the next vice president of University Services.
Image by David Monterroso
The University of Minnesota campus gates on East Bank, Nov. 12, 2022.

The University of Minnesota will be conducting a nationwide search for a new vice president of University Services, Myron Frans, senior vice president for finance and operations, said in an email to the University community on Tuesday.  

The search committee is composed of deans, professors and administrators from across the University system. Laura Molgaard, the College of Veterinary Medicine dean, and Bernie Gulacheck, the vice president of information technology and the chief information officer, are the committee’s co-chairs. 

The new vice president will take over for the current Interim Vice President of University Services Matt Kramer. Kramer has also served as the Vice President of University and Government relations since 2017. 

University Services manages multiple University departments, including facilities, sustainability, real estate and auxiliary services, which include housing and residential life. The vice president of University Services oversees systemwide services of all of these departments. 

Listening sessions with campus stakeholders will begin in the coming weeks, according to Frans, and the University plans to announce the new vice president before the end of spring semester.  

View Comments (1)